Make Your Website More Urgent - Get People to Act Now
Your website is your digital salesperson. A good one can sell you products, services, and ideas very efficiently. But what if you could take your selling to the next level? What if you could make people feel much more urgency about getting something from you right now? Urgency is one of the most important factors when it comes to online shopping. Customers are willing to spend more money on something that they feel they’ll get value out of in the future. If they need an immediate solution that they can get today, they won’t be so eager to buy. Urgency can be created in a variety of ways.
What is a countdown widget?
A countdown is when a website or app displays a number (rather than the current date) and displays that number in red. This is a sign that they want you to act now. Countdown widgets are perfect for marketing an event that’s coming up soon. They can be used for sales too – for example, for a limited-time offer for an online course that’s ending soon. If you have an online store, you can use a countdown for promotions like “only 10 left” or “while supplies last.” You can use a countdown to remind your customers about your services, such as their free trial ending soon. You can even use a countdown to promote a new product.
How to make your website more urgent
The only way to make your website more urgent is to make people lose their urgency. And there are many ways to do that.
- Make your content urgent by focusing on solving people’s problems.
- Make your content actionable by providing step-by-step instructions on how to solve your customers’ problems.
- Make your content unique by providing a solution that nobody else in the world is offering.
- Make your content valuable by providing a solution that people will enjoy using (and using it a lot).
- Make your content easy to find by optimizing your website for search engines.
- Make your content easy to understand by using clear and concise writing.
- Make your content easy to access by providing a simple way to get what you have.
- Make your content easy to consume by posting on websites that your customers visit frequently.
- Make your content easy to buy by offering a discount or free trial that can’t be refused.
- Make your content easy to share by providing links that your customers will click on.
- Make your content easy to bookmark by putting links that are easy to click on and stay on for the long term.
- Make your content easy to return to by making your content easy to find again.
- Make your content easy to re-up by making it easy to purchase more of what you’re offering.
- Make your content easy to schedule around by creating content that people can schedule around.
- Make your content easy to read by using fonts and colors that are easy on the eyes.
- Make your content easy to hear by using a medium that’s easy to understand.
- Make your content easy to buy by making the purchase process painless.
- Make your content easy to share by providing a product that people want to give away.
- Make your content easy to return to by providing an email address that people will want to receive emails from again.
How long should your countdown be?
The length of your countdown should be determined by how much time you want your customers to spend with your offer. If your countdown is for a freebie that your customers don’t want to miss, then you’re fine with leaving it up as long as they want to wait. However, if you have a longer product or service that you want to sell, then you need to make your customers feel urgency. For example, if you have a coaching program that is worth $5,000, then you can wait a little bit for more urgency. But if you have a program that’s worth $100,000, then you’d better make those people feel immediate.
Make sure people see your widget everywhere you can
The best way to make your website more urgent is to make your call-to-action widget available across all of your digital channels. You could post it on your website, on social media, and on your emails for marketing purposes. If you have a landing page for your business, you could also include the widget on your landing page. If you have different channels for different purposes, you can make the widget available on each channel. You can also include the widget on your blog or other content that you publish.
If you want to make your website more urgent, here are the things to do. Find an urgent problem your customers face, and find a way to solve that problem that is unique and valuable to your customers. Provide a unique, valuable solution to your customers’ urgent problems, and make it easy to access. Make sure that your content is front-facing and easy to find, and make it easy to consume and easy to re-up. Make your content easy to consume, bookmark, and share, and make re-consumption easy.
Increase conversions for free?
Get started with conversion-boosting social-proof widgets totally free! No creditcard required.Get started now!
Always be up-to-date with Proofly.
The amount of people using your website on mobile devices rapidly increases. Make sure your websites are fully responsive!
This might be useful for you too:
Social Credibility: How Social Media Can Help Build Your Online Presence
Social media has become an integral part of the digital landscape, with users accessing platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to keep in touch with friends and family. The ease with which these sites...
The Art of Social Proof: The Secret Weapons of Successful Marketing Strategies
The rise of the digital age has completely transformed how marketing is done and what sells. Consumers are now more informed than ever, which means that businesses must think outside the box to stand out from t...
The Truth About Social Proof: What You Need to Know
Social proof is a type of social media marketing that makes your site look more trustworthy and popular. It does this by displaying statistics about the number of visitors or followers you have. Social proof al...
Ready to use social-proof too?
You can use Proofly within 5 minutes on your own website absolutely free!
Set-up in 5 minutes Over 25,000 satisfied customers No monthly subscription
4.7/5 customer satisfactionGet started now!
a few thousand others...